Annual Congregational Meeting 2023
This years Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on
Sunday March 5, 2023 at 12:00pm
(Lunch provided in the gym at 11:30am before the meeting begins for those attending in person.)
All members and adherents of Westminster United Church are welcome to attend.
**Childcare is available**
In order to prepare the right amount of food for the luncheon, please preregister.
To receive the Zoom link – please register via Eventbrite.
Links are automatically sent via email by Eventbrite when you register.
*If you wish to participate verbally online, please use zoom. YouTube will be typed chat only.
At the annual meeting, the congregation or pastoral charge is responsible for
- Electing a chair and a secretary of the annual meeting
- Receiving the annual reports from the governing body, committees, and other groups in the congregation or pastoral charge
- Electing the governing body, regional council representatives, and members of the committees
- Approving the 2022 Financial Report
- Considering and making a decision on the draft annual budget for 2023
Agenda for the Annual Congregational Meeting – Sunday March 5, 2023
Let us Gather:
1. Call to Order and Welcome: Shane Suepaul
2. Opening Prayer and Moment of Remembrance: Rev. Michelle Robinson
3. Motion re: voting privileges
4. Motion to nominate a Chairperson
5. Motion to nominate a Secretary
6. Motion to accept the agenda
7. Motion to accept Minutes of March 6th, 2022 Annual Meeting
8. Minister’s Comments: Rev Michelle Robinson
9. Minister of Faith Formation Comments: Cathy Shaw
10. Minister of Music Comments: Linda Hunter
11. Council Chair Comments: Shane Suepaul
12. 2022 Financial Report : Paul Pierson
13. Motion to Accept the financial report for 2022 : Paul Pierson
14. Budget for 2023 : Paul Pierson
15. Motion to accept the budget for 2023 : Paul Pierson
We offer Ourselves:
16. Motion to Accept 2022 Annual Report as published
17. Resignation of Trustees
18. Outstanding, New or Other Business
As We Go into the World:
19. Motion to Adjourn
20. Closing Prayer: Rev Michelle Robinson